How to Get Brother Printer Out of Sleep
Brother printers are known for their reliability and efficiency, but sometimes they can go into sleep mode and become unresponsive. This can be frustrating, especially when you urgently need to print an important document. However, getting your Brother printer out of sleep mode is a relatively simple process. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to wake up your printer and get it back to its active state.
1. Check the Power Connection: The first thing you should do is ensure that the printer is properly connected to the power source. Check if the power cable is securely plugged into the printer and the power outlet. If it is loose, firmly reinsert it and make sure it is snugly fit.
2. Press the Power Button: If the printer is connected correctly but still in sleep mode, press the power button on the printer to wake it up. The location of the power button may vary depending on the model, so refer to your printer’s manual if you are unsure.
3. Use the Control Panel: Some Brother printers have a control panel that allows you to navigate through various settings. If your printer has a control panel, press the ‘Menu’ or ‘Options’ button to access the settings. Look for the sleep mode option and disable it. This will prevent the printer from going into sleep mode in the future.
4. Reboot the Printer: If pressing the power button or adjusting the settings doesn’t work, try rebooting the printer. Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source. Wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on. This can often resolve any temporary issues that may be causing the printer to stay in sleep mode.
5. Update the Firmware: Outdated firmware can sometimes cause sleep mode issues. Visit the Brother website and search for your printer model’s firmware updates. Download and install the latest version of the firmware to ensure that your printer is running on the most up-to-date software.
6. Network Connection: If your Brother printer is connected to a network, check if the network connection is stable. Poor network connection can sometimes cause the printer to go into sleep mode. Restart your router or modem to refresh the network connection.
7. Factory Reset: If none of the above solutions work, you can try performing a factory reset on your Brother printer. Keep in mind that a factory reset will erase all the customized settings and return the printer to its default state. Consult your printer’s manual to find the specific instructions for performing a factory reset.
Common Questions and Answers:
Q1. Why does my Brother printer keep going into sleep mode?
A1. Brother printers are designed to conserve energy and reduce power consumption. Sleep mode is activated after a period of inactivity. However, if your printer is going into sleep mode too frequently or not waking up properly, there may be an issue with the settings or firmware.
Q2. How long does it take for a Brother printer to wake up from sleep mode?
A2. Brother printers usually take a few seconds to wake up from sleep mode. If it takes longer, it could indicate a problem that needs to be addressed.
Q3. Can I disable sleep mode on my Brother printer permanently?
A3. Yes, most Brother printers allow you to disable sleep mode. Refer to your printer’s manual or control panel settings to find the sleep mode option and disable it.
Q4. What should I do if my Brother printer doesn’t have a power button?
A4. In some models, the power button may be located on the control panel or accessed through the settings menu. Consult your printer’s manual for the specific instructions to wake it up.
Q5. Why is my Brother printer unresponsive even after following the steps?
A5. If your printer remains unresponsive, there may be an underlying hardware or software issue. Contact Brother customer support for further assistance.
Q6. Can a firmware update fix sleep mode issues?
A6. Yes, updating the firmware can often resolve sleep mode issues by providing bug fixes and performance improvements.
Q7. Should I perform a factory reset as a last resort?
A7. Yes, a factory reset should be considered as a last resort if all other troubleshooting steps fail to wake up your Brother printer. Remember to backup any important settings or data before performing a factory reset.
In conclusion, if your Brother printer is stuck in sleep mode, follow the steps mentioned above to wake it up. By checking power connections, adjusting settings, and updating firmware, you should be able to resolve any sleep mode issues and get your printer back to its active state.